Homeless Connect SA
Homeless Connect SA is a 24/7 state-wide telephone service for anyone experiencing homelessness in South Australia. Available anytime as a free call to help you find information and a direct referral into homelessness services.
Streetlink Youth Health Service
This free and confidential youth health service provides a safe place for vulnerable or high risk young people aged 12 to 25 and their children to seek information, support and a connection to services from people who care. We offer an inclusive, respectful and flexible approach to support.
Visit us on FacebookRead More
We can support you with a range of medical needs, including:
- sexual, mental and general health
- wound care
- child development and health checks
- care for women who are pregnant or have a new baby
- referrals to other services.
Alcohol and other drug (AOD) services
If your alcohol or other drug use is causing problems, we can help. This service may be useful if:
- you are concerned about your current use
- you have stopped using but feel at risk of starting again
- a family member’s drug use is impacting on you
- your drug use is impacting on your mental health and wellbeing
- you are pregnant and concerned about alcohol or drug use
- you would like us to offer counselling for your family members.
Streetlink values the role of families and guardians within the care and support of young people, and where safe and appropriate, will endeavour to connect with family throughout service provision.
Reconnecting families – Reconnect (Salisbury)
Reconnect (Salisbury) supports young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in the Salisbury area. Our focus is on intervening early to reunify families through counselling, and connect young people with education, training, work and their wider community.Read More
In addition, we offer:
- case management
- information and education.
This program operates within the City of Salisbury from Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. We can see you at home, at school, at another public place or at our office in Salisbury.
This service is funded through the Commonwealth Government Department of Social Services.
Reconnecting families – Ruby’s Reunification Program
Our Ruby’s Reunification Program helps to resolve conflict and improve relationships between a young person and their parents or caregivers.
The program involves family counselling, and the young person will spend some nights at our supervised Ruby’s accommodation, as well as at home.
Visit us on FacebookRead More
Ruby’s is for young people who:
- are at home but at risk of leaving or being kicked out because of conflict
- are staying in and out of home (eg spending some nights at home and some nights with friends, with extended family or elsewhere)
- haven’t stayed at home for a while, but aren’t receiving an independent income from Centrelink, and are interested in returning home.
The program is available to young people who need a safe place to stay while your family works together to address problems at home. ‘Family’ can include grandparents or other members of your extended family.
Ruby’s accommodation provides 24-hour support and supervision, with houses in Enfield (four beds), Thebarton (six beds), Edwardstown (five beds) and Mount Gambier (five beds).
This service is funded through the Department for Communities and Social Inclusion.